Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WHAT????

A snow day? A real live snow day where they call school off??? Yippeee!
Yesterday was MLK day so we were home anyway...this is a treat. T's having a full fledge vacation. You know Jimmy took him to KY on Thurs. and it was 6 degrees Friday morning so we all just took a day off...Lucky kid.
Anyway, back to this morning. When I was a kid I remember waking up to total silence, no cars going by or sounds of delivery trucks...I would jump up and run for the window. SNOW! It was so sweet to hear my kids walking down the stairs this morning and hearing the excitement in their voices as they saw everything was totally white.
(Again, it's pretty pitiful, but we were thrilled with it!!)

This was the view out the front door.....And these are our sweet neighbors Nathan and John with the kids....
PS...the little one in the front is almost a full year older than Parker!!!!

Well, this has been fun... but I'm not going to shed any tears when I drop them off at school tomorrow!!

No comments: